Monday, May 24, 2010

Stop #7: Southern California, USA

Philippe’s


They claim the “French Dipped Sandwich” was created here. I had to have some. It tasted good but maybe I had too high of an expectation. I was imagining a heavily dipped and huge sandwich. It was neither.



For more information, visit http://www.philippes.com/.


Baby Blues BBQ
I know this is a BBQ joint and all the meats were good - baby back ribs, Memphis-style ribs, Texas-style beef ribs, pulled pork and beef brisket. But I must highlight the corn in the background. "Blues on the cob" is the best cob I have ever had in my life. It was perfectly boiled and grilled - so fresh, crunchy and juicy. The blue cheese on top just made it over the top. The stewed tomatoes were also very good.



For more information, visit http://www.babybluesvenice.com/.


Guppy House (CLOSED)
Let me have some authentic Taiwanese food in SoCal!!

Beef Stew Noodle Soup was right on the money! The soup was not very oily and the beef was very tender. Put the pickled mustard greens in to make it taste even better.


Taiwanese Vinaigrette Soup. I have not had this in ages, probably ten years? It was so good to meet again. So good.


OMG huge pile of shaved ice!!! Taiwanese night market staple. You can order it with all kinds of different fruits. This one had strawberry and mango. The condensed milk was not too sweet. It tasted very refreshing. One spoon after another after another...


For more information, visit http://myguppyteahouse.com/.


85°C Bakery Cafe
This is heaven, literally. Taiwanese bakery at its best. It smelt so good in there. Everything tasted so fresh. Only if I can live in that store...






No comments:

Post a Comment