Friday, October 29, 2010

Stop #12: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Mader’s
Nice and historical German restaurant on North Old World 3rd Street, a street that was filled with bars, pubs and restaurants. There were collection of art, suits of medieval armour and antiques on display. I sat at the table where Bob Hope sat!


The Reuben Rolls were excellent! Served with crispy fried spinach and Dusseldorf mustard sauce. Never had anything like this before. And the crispy fried spinach tasted like seaweed. Who knew!


Pork Shank. YUM! The pork was so tender and fell of the bone. It was very tasty as well. No wonder they were proud of this dish.


For more information, visit http://www.madersrestaurant.com/.



Food Wars: AJ Bombers V.S. Sobelman’s Pub & Grill
I was in town right before the Food Wars (a TV show on the Travel Channel) aired. Therefore, I had to try both burgers for my own sake.

AJ Bombers

Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese Curds. What’s not to like? It is FRIED! And it’s Wisconsin cheese!

The Milwaukee Burger. I really liked this burger. The bun was nicely toasted. Onions and bacon were cooked just right with cheese melting over the beef patty. Though I thought the beef patty could be thicker and juicier.


Sobelman’s Pub & Gril

Forget about the burger, this is the best root beer I have ever had in my life!!! It had a very smooth and pure taste.

The beef patty was thicker than AJ. But besides beef, I did not taste anything else. So for an overall taste, I voted for AJ!


For more information, visit http://www.ajbombers.com/ and http://www.milwaukeesbestburgers.com/.


No comments:

Post a Comment