Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Stop #29: Upstate New York, USA

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que (Syracuse)

I was so excited to finally visit the birthplace of Dinosaur BBQ. The place was very happening on a weekday night. I tried the St. Louis ribs, brisket, chicken, homemade smoked sausage and some sides - all traditional BBQ goodness. 

However, I wished the menu was a little more extensive and experimental like the other locations. The branch in Newark NJ offered Korean ribs, gumbo and BBQ fried rice; and they were delicious! 

For more information,
visit http://www.dinosaurbarbque.com.


Rochester Public Market (Rochester)
So happy I stumbled into this place. Tasted breakfast empanada from Juan and Maria's. I read that Scott's II and Zimmerman's also offer great breakfast sandwiches. The produce here was fresh and  cheap. Couldn't get any better. 

I support local business whenever and wherever I can. If there is a local coffee shop, I would kick Starbucks to the side. Java's is the local coffee company since 1992. They roast their coffee in a turn-of-the-century style direct flame roaster. It smelt good in the coffee shop and the coffee was perfect. Right next door was the Cosimano e Ferrari Olive Oil Company, also based in Rochester. They had awesome olive oils and vinegars. 

Then there was the Union Street Bakery. Carb heaven and I wanted to buy and eat the entire store.

Hello, Duke's Donuts!!!

The donut was so moist and it almost tasted like a cake. YUMMY!

For more information,
visit http://www.cityofrochester.gov/publicmarket/.


Anchor Bar (Buffalo)
Home of the original buffalo chicken wings. Tourists visited the place and so did the locals. There was a wait on a weekday night but the turnover rate was fast. 

WINGS! I enjoyed every bite. Perhaps I would order them extra crispy as others had suggested.

For more information,
visit https://www.anchorbar.com.


Cracker Barrel (Binghamton)
I love Cracker Barrel. Fun environment, friendly service and great food; what's not to like? Look at this feast!

For more information,
visit http://www.crackerbarrel.com.

2 comments:

  1. Good day! This is Ronie Siervo of Full throttle in History Channel Philippines (A&E Network) we are currently working in an upcoming feature-lifestyle show which will be launched this coming July. As part of our pilot month, we would like to do a story about the history of food truck industry in the world and the wonders of it in the society. In line with this we would like to ask for your permission in granting us the right to use for free the photos of food trucks posted in your website. rest assured that the following photos will be acknowledged properly under your name. should you have inquiries please feel free to message me through my email or you can reach me directly through 09054626836. we are hoping for your kind consideration. thank you!
    RONELIE SIERVO
    PROGRAM COORDINATOR
    FULL THROTTLE, HISTORY CHANNEL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronie, that sounds exciting! You have my permission to use the photos. Thank you for reaching out!

      Delete